THE BREGMAN VETERINARY GROUP
Is your home full of Thanksgiving leftovers? Here are a few tips to help you determine what you should and shouldn't be sharing with your pet!
- Turkey - Turkey can be a great lean protein to share with your pet. Just make sure that you remove any excess skin or fat. Never feed your pet anything with a bone.
- Mashed Potatoes - As long as your potatoes don't contain cheese, sour cream, butter, onions, or gravy, they can be a great vegetable to share with your pet!
- Cranberry Sauce - It's ok for pets to eat cranberry sauce, just keep an eye on the amount of sugar in it. It's safe to give your pets a very small serving.
- Macaroni and Cheese - If you know that your pet can handle dairy, it safe to share this leftover. However, if you aren't sure how your pet handles dairy, just give them plain macaroni. Pets can develop lactose intolerance as they age.
- Green Beans - Fresh vegetables are a great addition to your pet's diet.
Follow us on social media!