THE BREGMAN VETERINARY GROUP
There are many misconceptions when it comes to caring your cat’s health. This can make it difficult to make sure that your cats are getting the health care they need to live a long and happy life. Are you aware of these common cat myths?
- Cats Don’t Need Annual Exams – Cats are very good at hiding their illness. While your cat may not be exhibiting any unusual symptoms, routine examinations can check for medical problems before they become a serious problem for your pet.
- Indoor Cats Don’t Need Vaccines – Infectious diseases can be carried on your clothes and shoes or spread through an open window or screen door. While indoor cats may require fewer vaccines, it’s still important that they are protected.
- Indoor Cats Don’t Get Parasites – Just because your cat doesn’t go outside doesn’t mean they are immune to parasites. We encourage you to bring your pet in for a parasitic screening test.
- Indoor Cats Don’t Need Microchips – Even indoor cats can sneak out an open door or window. Microchips are a great way to make it easy to identify your pet in an emergency.
- Cats Don’t Need Exercise – All animals, even your cat, can benefit from exercise! It’s a great way to prevent obesity and keep your pet healthy.
Don't forget to follow us on social media: